CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Quick 6 Month Update!

Ahh.. I am falling behind again! Lately has been so crazy with work, Reilly, going to Reno.. unpacking! Love taking quick trips, but I HATE unpacking! Reilly turned 6 months a week ago and I don't know who this kid is from one day to the next! He is doing so much so fast that I can't keep up, but I am loving every second of it!

As of late, Reilly has decided he is a construction worker. One of his Christmas gifts this year was the Fisher-Price laugh and learn (or whatever that line is called) tool bench, and it's hilarious! He can sit for so long and just push the buttons, try to pull the paint churner thing, and hit it with other toys. It does come with a little hammer, first thing he does is takes the hammer out of it's place, plays with it for a few seconds, then uses something else (Sophie for instance) to hit the tool bench. It is also fun seeing him switch from toy to toy and keep himself entertained. While I was getting ready this morning I sat him up in his room with his toys and then got ready in his bathroom and just watched him as he played, it's amazing to see him grow and see how much he has developed! Child development was one of my bigger focuses in college and I worked in the area for several years, but I'm still so amazed by it- I really think it's one of the most incredible and mysterious things in the world and can't get enough of it!

Last night was really interesting, in a not so great fashion. I'm wondering if my sweet little angel is becoming a bit manipulative. Haha! I'm sure not intentionally, he just does what he knows gets a response.. but last night was.. frustrating! He went to bed around 8 and then woke up around 11:30 for his first middle of the night feeding, so it was looking like it was going to be a 3 hour night (it's always a surprise, either 7 hours straight or every 3.. fun little game). He woke up again at 1:30 and I put him back to sleep, but THEN at 2:30ish he started making one little cry noise, and then waiting for 5-10 seconds, making another, and waiting.. and this went on for quite a while. He wasn't crying, just making sounds and waiting. After a while Jeff was done listening to it, he gets up early for work and doesn't like when I ignore Reilly's noises. I knew that Reilly was just trying to get me to go in there and he didn't need me. He had just been nursed an hour prior and wasn't even crying.. so I went into his room just so Jeff could sleep and he was in his bed LAUGHING!! I was not stoked about this.. now, I laugh, because thinking about it the whole thing was pretty funny, and that is pretty clever of him, but at the time I was not a fan! So he got what he wanted, I rocked him back to sleep. That child.

We are missing his gym class today because he is moving up to Level 2, which is during nap time.. yuck! But I'm really excited for that class now that he is sitting up a lot more, so I guess we'll see it on Saturday. He is moving so much! He sits up for.. as long as he wants to, rolls everywhere, I had to use his changing table strap for the first time yesterday because he will not stay in one place. You put him on his stomach-he switches to his back, put him on his back-and he switches to his stomach. He has also started moving himself around backwards-like.. backwards army crawling I guess, and he is trying SO hard to crawl, he gets up on his arms and then kicks his feet really fast with his knees in the ground, but doesn't get anywhere.. poor guy! As much as I'm not in a hurry for him to crawl, he can take his sweet time as far as I care, it would be fun to see him crawling around with my cousins twins on Christmas since they are around the same age.

I think that's it for now.. as usual I'm skipping out on SO much but am not great at keeping this bad boy updated, and need to fully utilize nap time for other things besides blogging. I put a few of his 6 month pictures in here, he was so funny while Christina was taking pictures.. he looooves when the camera flashes so she just got that thing going and it had his full attention.

1 comments:

Emilee P.

adorable! i agree with you about child development...its soo fun to watch them discover they can do new things! yet they grow up waayyy too fast!

Post a Comment