CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sleep Training..

Not Rei.. me! I'm not sure what happened, or why it happened, but I have developed some strange sleeping habits, the biggest being that I now sleep curled up on the edge of the bed, practically hanging over spooning the mattress. It's weird, but Jeff loves it, he likes to gloat about how he has the whole bed to himself and he feels like he sleeps alone again. Meanwhile I am getting crappy sleep and back pain from my new weird habits and am trying to train myself to sleep ON the bed again!

While I was pregnant I made what I called a pillow fort.. and I think that's where it all started. I would use 4 king size, big, whatever they're called, pillows and put on behind me to keep me from rolling onto my back (NOT a side sleeper), one in front of me to keep me from rolling onto my stomach, one between my knees because my hips got so dang wide and would hurt after 15 minutes of side sleeping.. sometimes one under neath my ribs to support them, and usually with all of that I wouldn't even need a separate one for under my head. No.. this was not comfortable at all, but it was much worse without the fort. Naturally, with Jeff and my pillow fort taking up so much space, in addition to getting out of bed every 40 minutes to use the restroom I stayed pretty close to the side of the bed.

The came Reilly.. yeah, we co slept! Totally against it in the beginning, but it happened and it was awesome and I would do it again. We waited until he was old enough to move around in his sleep so I would feel comfortable sleeping with him and not suffocating him with him next to me.. until then he just slept on me. (Not all the time.. he did have a bassinet, but.. it was allowed.) Anyway.. being constantly alert of him, and my husbands creepy sleeping issue (don't touch him in his sleep he will wake up swinging! it's terrifying!) I would try to give Rei plenty of space.. pushing me to the end of the bed and giving my son enough space for 7 babies! Of course he was tiny and insisted on being cuddled up against me at all times, not to mention gravity, but the more he moved closer the more I moved away to give him space, thus half my body hanging over the side of the bed. Fabulous.

So.. that's my newest development. It's not exciting, I'm consciously trying to work on it by starting in the middle of the bed and moving back there anytime I wake up.. kind of weird. Thought I'd share.. has this happened to anyone else?

0 comments:

Post a Comment