CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Christmas is so much more exciting this year having a little one to celebrate with! I had to stop myself from making "From Santa" labels for his gifts and making sure I wrapped things in different wrapping paper, can't wait for those years! Instead this year I figured.. eh, he doesn't know what Christmas is.. why not just give him his presents early? I have given him one, and if it weren't for Jeff not letting me, I probably would have given him them all! Mostly I am excited to start new holiday traditions!

We had our first family Christmas last week at my Dad and Rhonda's. They go to Kentucky every Christmas so we always celebrate a little bit early. It was funny watching him figure out that there were things underneath the paper as he opened his gifts, and in my family's true spirit- Reilly received toys that made noises and bounced around.
Here is a little video of him opening gifts:

Jeff came back from his San Diego trip a day early, so yesterday we got to have a family day. We took Rei to see Santa at the mall. He fell asleep on the way there, so I wasn't sure how it would go. We woke him up and let him look at some of the displays, just to get him excited, then handed him over to Santa. He did awesome, I fully expected, and not going to lie- kind of wanted him to cry so I could enter him into the contest for a shopping spree, mother of the year... he looked around a little unsure, but then, at no fault to my sisters and their constant paparazzi style pictures of him, he saw the camera and started smiling.

Reilly is continuing to grow and change a little bit each day. Today he was wearing his "Baby's First Christmas" outfit has little reindeer on the feet, he kept wiggling his feet and getting so excited about the reindeer moving around.. strange child that one. OH! AND! Every night before his bath we clean up his room, and I try to make it fun and pretend he is included when really, until today, he has just watched my take away his toys and say goodbye to each one. Today I was cleaning up his toys doing my usual "bye panda, bye ring stacker, bye..etc" and he dumped the toy bin back over and continued playing with them! So this should be an interesting little transition. Hmm.

Oh.. if anyone has any great advise on introducing water, I'd love to hear it! I tried with the bottle, but he expected milk and wasn't too stoked. We have some sippy type cups, but the require more sucking than he is capable of.. he takes it out of my cup, but.. that's not reasonable. So the more tips the merrier! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment