CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving.

So I'm clearly scattered all over the place, but whatever.. that's just how it will have to be until I catch up on this bad boy!!

Thanksgiving was a little over a month ago, but I realized I never wrote about it, and probably should before I forget it! It was definitely not an easy 1st holiday to celebrate with Reilly, but hey.. live and learn right? We are still trying to come up with the best possible solution to celebrate holidays with three sets of grandparents in town. I think it would be best to just divide Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day between the three sets because I can't really enjoy a holiday driving around town stressed out to make it to each place in time and upset about not getting to spend quality time with each family. It seems incomplete, but.. Jeff would rather rush around than miss anyone on a holiday- so we will do that until he realizes he hates rushing around and changes to my way. :)

Reilly and I woke up that morning just in time to watch the parade, my favorite part of the day, and from the looks of things- his also, until he fell asleep sitting up on my lap!

Once he was up from his nap we got ready to go and our first stop was my dad's house at 2pm.

Jeff and Reilly.. watched the football game while Rhonda, Ashley, and I worked on dinner.. any Amy and Karen ran around taking pictures. So like them!

We ate dinner and then of course people starting passing out on every couch, I washed some dishes and then we were off to stop #2, Uncle Bob's house with my mom's side of the family. The had already eaten, but we just wanted to stop by and see everyone, especially the twins who are only a few months older than Reilly, so the closest thing to cousins his age he has right now.. until any of our combined 7 sisters get on it! Let's go ladies! :) We hung out there for almost an hour and then our final stop for the day.. Jeff's Mom's house! They had also already had dinner, but Jeff was ready for round two so he made a turkey sandwich, we visited for a little while, then took our exhausted little man home! Definitely a stressful day, we tried to enjoy it as much as we could though, but hopefully we come up with a better routine because I don't think it's fair to us, to Reilly, or to our families to get an dine and dash appearance from us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment