CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 19, 2010

Bring on the Calories!

Making baby food is so addicting! Every batch makes like 6 little containers of food, and he can't just have the same food all day long, so I have quite the collection gathering.

Reilly's new favorite, once squash, is now "Potatoes, Carrots, and Corn". So I thought I'd share the recipe. :)

2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2-3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
1 medium sized potato (8oz), sliced into little squares
2 tbsp water or vegetable stock
1/3 cup of corn
1-2 tbsp milk

Melt the butter in a saucepan, then saute the onions for 1 minute. Add the carrots and saute for another 5 minutes. Add the potato and water/veg stock (i used water.. veg stock takes too long to make for my liking right now.. and I used a whole lot more water than it called for.. just kept adding it when it looked like it was getting dry). Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Then stir in the corn and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the milk and puree.

I also didn't add the milk before puree'ing, because I don't want to put his food in the microwave with breast milk in it and kill the milk's nutrients. Took a little bite.. SO good! Going to have to try it as a mash potato recipe. :)


I'd hoped that the butter would give him a few extra calories to get through the night, as I was going to see Harry Potter at midnight and didn't want Rei to be too rough on Jeff. Umm.. nope, instead he woke up at midnight ready to play and talked Jeff's ear off until 2am, until Jeff just put him in his crib and let him talk himself to sleep. Oops.

0 comments:

Post a Comment