CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Four Month Well Check.


"He is the red-headed, blue eyed, light skinned type"- Dr. Blaze Gusic! HA to Jeff and all of his friends that said my kid better not be a ginger. He is pretty much diagnosed.

Reilly had his 4 month well check yesterday! INSANE!! Just yesterday we were practically living at St. Rose Pediatrics. It's astonishing how many doctors appointments a baby has in the first weeks of life, not to mention mine also! Between the two of us, the only time we ever got out of the house was for doctors appointments! It went well.. he is loving his pediatrician, it was so funny!! He kept smiling at him and.. hard to explain on a blog, but Dr. Gusic went to roll him over and Reilly turned his head all the way around just to keep smiling at him the entire time as he rolled. It was the cutest!

Side note- the pediatrician and the nurse kept saying "she". Jeff and I would drop hints like saying "he" or calling him "little dude". In hindsight, I think it would have been funny to let the pediatrician go on with it until he did the under-diaper check. That would have been a shocker!

We told him about the three endless nights of gas and zero sleep after the rice cereal. He said go ahead and just forget about rice cereal and sees no point in giving it to Reilly, so we are starting fruits and vegetables.. and eventually meat.. NOW! Today Jeff and I went to get the babyfood processor and then went shopping for Reilly's firsts! We got carrots, apples, and green beans. I've already pureed and frozen them all, it's SO much fun! The basenji's seem to like the vegetables too. Tomorrow morning we will start with.. one of them. I want to do apples because it seems more appropriate as a breakfast food, as opposed to carrots or green beans, but we'll probably end up starting with carrots.. then do another for lunch, keep those same two on the menu for three days and then switch it up.. maybe. Ahh, or maybe I'll just do one tomorrow, haven't quite decided, but either way- breakfast it is! Hopefully he doesn't decide to spit up at his Gymboree class. Does solid foods spit up have a color? Or is it still white? Eh.. I guess we'll find out. Hmm.. weird.

I think that's it for now. OH! His stats. He is now 17lb 10oz, 25 3/4in tall, and his head circumference is 47cm. He is in the 75-90% for weight, 75% for height, and 95+% for head circumference. So he is a short, fat, bobble head.

2 comments:

The Wintch Family

Yay for short, fat bobble heads! lol. Seriously he is growing pretty similar to how Mason did! My child has a ginormous head too!

Darci Buhl

He's such a cute baby! I hope he wins his little contest. As for feeding, my advice would be to start with one at a time, gradually adding in new ones every few days. That way if he ends up being allergic to one of them, you'll know which one. I was too impatient to do it with my kids, but I really wish I had with Hadley, because she had bad reactions to a few things and I didn't have a clue as to which fruit/vegetable it was. You're the mom though, so you know best:)

Post a Comment