CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Don't Blink.. seriously.. don't!

I'll probably feel really stupid for saying this when he turns two and really isn't a "baby" anymore, but Reilly is feeling less and less like one everyday. Except for when he is being pissy, he doesn't really cry anymore, we don't have to figure out ways to calm him down, or take turns holding him whenever we go anywhere because he won't sit in his car seat, he is becoming just a well behaved little boy (again, when not pissy) who is interested in more than just me and it's SO much fun! And come to think of it.. I don't even know when the last time I had to nurse him in the car because he wouldn't calm down in his car seat was!

Reilly is officially done with baby food, he doesn't really eat that much on his own though, but I figure at this point it's really just for learning how to eat more than anything else, because he still gets most of what he needs through breast milk anyway. He definitely has his favorites though! It was funny.. the other night I gave him tofu, grapes, puffs, pears, and zucchini all mixed up on his tray and he picked out every single piece of everything except the zucchini.. how he could tell the difference between that, the pears, and the tofu which peeled were all white I do not know.. but he was not having any of that stuff! He also had spaghetti for the first time the other night. Such a mess, but he was shoving fistful after fistful into his mouth.. I've never seen him eat like that before. The toast he gives to the dogs, but most fruit he will eat up.. especially watermelon and mango, SO my kid. Wonder if the fact that I ate at least one container of mango a day towards the end of my pregnancy has anything to do with that.. he likes miso soup as well, so perhaps! :) I hadn't really made it to Whole Foods since we learned more about his allergies, but the other day I made a trip and found so many options for him, including teething biscuits.. and can now make him macaroni and cheese by cooking egg free noodles and melting soy cheese into them. I did make dairy/egg free pancakes for him one morning.. buuut they weren't so fabulous.. probably to the fault of using vegetable spray on the pan, some 'reviewers' recommended adding more sugar too, so we'll see.

He is also learning new skills all the time, as of now.. if I can think of all of them.. he can splash, clap, find his nose, make little crazy signs..ugh, make piggy noises, wave, still dances like nobodies business, never tires of hide and seek.. and you know, the rest of the things babies do. The best part is that he gets so proud of himself for his accomplishments, when asked where his nose is, he barely touches it before getting a huge smile and clapping for himself! It's the best. He's also really into his cd player on his crib and always points to it and looks at me, waiting for me to turn it on and sit through another hour of kid's songs.. so not fun.. seriously, I keep saying I'm going to make him a dance cd, but haven't.. so if anyone wants to.. you'd be our hero! This morning I was exhausted so after I put him down for his 10:00 nap, I too took a nap, and woke up in a panic when I realized it was 12:30 (2 hours is usually his max), I heard him talking and ran to his room.. he never cried, just pulled his cd player off the side of his crib and was sitting happily playing with it.. funny guy.

I can't believe this Saturday he will be ten months old.. what? Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure he was just born last week.. I cannot even believe that he will be a year pretty soon, and that I have to plan a birthday party already! Insane.. seriously.. IN! SANE! As long as he stays a mommy's boy forever, and never tells me he hates me, or wishes he didn't have parents, or tells me he can't wait to move out.. then I'll be just fine, and he will live.

0 comments:

Post a Comment