CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A is for Anaphalaxia,. part 2!


Reilly had his follow up appointment with his allergist, Dr. Jim Christensen, today. Such a great doctor, if you can handle his staff.. and by staff I mean Michael- the front office know it all who will put you on hold for 5 minutes with every call.. just to stand there. Yes.. I witnessed it today from the waiting room. But, if you can get past him, Dr. Christensen is so nice and informative!

(He still loves to crawl onto his bouncer and play with that panda- it cracks me up!)

Anyway.. he gave us soy and wheat back! Wahoo!! That opens up so many windows for Reilly to actually get some sort of nutrition. Milk and eggs are really bad though, so we need to stay FAR away from those, and the peanut isn't horrible, but bad enough that he would prefer us to avoid them, which is fine by me. He says he should grow out of all of them by the time he is 5 years old, so we are definitely able to relax a little now. And I've officially quite playing the mystery allergy game. If you've had the amazing pleasure of being around Reilly, you've seen him with splotchy red skin and little white bumps, it's a daily occurrence.. he's sensitive, gotta get over it otherwise I'll drive myself and everyone around me mad!

I don't really know what else to update about, his sweet little heart is sleeping right now. He has gotten to the point where most nights he'll let me lay him in his crib, roll over to his stomach, get a blanket over him, and go to sleep. It's really sweet, other nights he cries for..3 minutes and is out. He has starting playing his own little version of hide and seek! He'll duck or move behind pieces of furniture, then pop out and crack up, it's hilarious! He doesn't tire of it though and can pop out front the railing of his crib over and over and over, each time with just as much enthusiasm.

Other than that I think it's gotten to the point where so much happens that I can't update about each thing! Which is great.. he is trying to say words, climbing over everything, starting to enjoy having some private time to play with his toys and not need me there every second, it's really a lot of fun now. He loves to go for walks and if I had to energy he could look around from his stroller for hours. If he could only sleep through the night.. we'll get there. :)

(Trying to get him used to hats for the summer.. considering both of his parents have fair skin.. right now he will wear them backwards because he isn't distracted by the flap!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment