CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

There Goes My Baby..

Who is this little guy I've been hanging out with the last few days? Because I'm pretty sure last week I had a BABY and now I have a much different child. Within a week he has started crawling, and today speed crawled.. so cute, starting pulling himself up to standing on toys and his bed, tried swinging from his mobile, and is as of today eating small pieces of food.

Lowering his crib was especially difficult. One night he woke up at 1:30 (what on earth!?) and when I went to check on him he was standing on his knees holding on to the side of the crib. I had to turn his bedroom light on just to be sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. That night I suggested that Jeff lower the crib just in case he decided to pull himself all the way up. Jeff went ahead and lowered it all the way to the lowest level just to be efficient. No! Way! He refused to raise it up a level despite my lying that I couldn't reach Reilly in the crib and crying that I wasn't emotionally ready for such a low crib, so I pulled out the tools and raised it myself! Now it is the perfect height for Reilly to stand and hold on, but do nothing more, like.. climb out of?..

Today it just went a step further when, while standing, he realized his mobile was now in reach after 8 months of hanging over him and went for it. He held on with two hands and, naturally as it's not very stable nor meant for hanging, he fell.. so down came the mobile. Oh.. and if anyone has great ideas on how to store all of this random stuff that they grow out of SO fast for the next child, in hopes of having another boy, I would love to hear it.

When they say don't blink they mean it! Last time the 1st of a month fell on a Tuesday I was sitting in a hospital bed, emotions jumping from excited to nervous to anxious.. and now my little guy will be 8 months old and I need to start thinking about first birthday ideas! Ahhh!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment