CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Child Dedication.



On Mother's Day, we dedicated Reilly at our church, The Crossing. It was something that we had been waiting a long time to do, especially considering it is only done there twice a year... Mother's Day and the Sunday after Thanksgiving. For Jeff and I, it was an important promise to make to our child, raising him in a Christian home and teaching him such values and instilling Christian morals into the way we parent and teach our children. So without getting too preachy.. it was something that we really wanted and felt we needed to do, and we did this Sunday!

Let me tell you.. this weekend was nuts! But I was expecting it to be, and just the same as it seems like every weekend lately, had everything ready to go by Friday! Saturday was Jeff's Birthday so Reilly treated him to Sesame Street Live, which they both LOVED and although we only made it through the first half, Reilly definitely lasted much longer than we had expected and got way more into it, dancing and clapping, and watching every minute, so cute! Saturday night we left the little dude behind and went out to celebrate Jeff's Birthday adult style, with a little sushi and Steel Panthers! Needless to say we didn't get home until after 1 in the morning, and had to be at the church by 9:30, so Mother's Day didn't come with sleeping in or breakfast in bed this year, in fact I woke up an hour earlier than both Jeff and Reilly to get ready and get the house/food ready for guests.. but hey, would it be Mother's Day if I weren't mothering?

The church had a sweet little breakfast before the service for the families and children being dedicated. Afterward we took our seats in the service, which- holy ready to leave Reilly in the nursery! His good friend Ava taught him the joy of jumping on the chairs yelling to the people in the rows behind us, but hey.. let them be little right? I thought it was adorable! During the dedication, all of the families stood on the stage for about 15 minutes, of course Reilly found his Uncle Tim, John, and Nick in the audience making faces to him, so he was making faces back, wanting to get off the stage to them, waving, pointing at them.. real nice guys! At least he kept people entertained I suppose.. little showman! We didn't make it through the rest of the service without Jeff and I dividing then meeting back up in the family room. After the service, we had some family and friends back to the house for a quick reception/lunch, and then took a much needed two hour nap!

I guess this year, Mother's Day for me wasn't about being pampered and adored (which Jeff.. you better believe you're making up for it next year!), but for me it was about something much better, and making a promise about what kind of mom I would be to my tiny guy, and I couldn't have asked for my first M-Day to have gone any differently!


0 comments:

Post a Comment